Fortius Capital is
searching for a full time Controller/Finance Director. We are a merit based
organization, where high performers are rewarded accordingly if they can
consistently meet deadlines and add value to the overall business. We also give
individuals that can perform consistently the freedom to operate in their in
day to day with a high degree of autonomy, meaning there are no micro managers
here. We are looking for individuals that can bring an ownership mentality to
We are growing rapidly
and expanding into several new markets, meaning there is plenty of room to grow
with our firm. We provide an awesome work environment, and we’re committed to
maintaining the culture we have worked so hard to create.
- Essential Functions
- Direct the activities of the accounting
team who is responsible for internal financial reporting, for Fortius Capital
entities. Review, enhance, and maintain
the system of internal control. Manage
and invest cash as required.
- Direct the risk management progress for
all entities and partnerships including but not limited to comprehensive
liability, errors and omissions and property and liability coverage’s.
- Direct reporting requirements for all
partnerships and clients.
- Financial modeling and due diligence for
all future and existing projects.
- Direct the payroll administration system,
including federal and state tax reporting.
- Further the mission of Fortius Capital and
affiliated entities in daily activities.
- Communicate effectively with internal
staff regarding organizational goals and objectives. These goals and objectives determine
- Work on special projects, as assigned.
- Responsible for all new acquisitions: New property analysis, third party report
coordination, document organization, Private Placement Offerings and contract
coordination and closing coordination.
- Provide recommendations regarding investments and cash strategies.
- Oversee preparation of annual budget and monthly reporting
- Present financial reports and cash flow projections on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Provide vision and leadership in long – range fiscal planning to ensure the continuity and growth of the company.
- Review all company expenses on a regular basis
2. Planning administration
- Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the President and staff with the development of long range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans.
- Oversee preparation of an Annual Report summarizing progress on short and long range plans.
- Research and write discussion papers, analysis documents and proposals as needed to assist the organization in determining and meeting its long and short term goals.
- Staff, train, and continuous development of the accounting team.
- Conduct performance evaluations of accounting staff. 3.
- Minimum 6 – 10 years of accounting and finance experience required
- Must have the ability and desire to lead and coach a team
- Must be a self-starter that can work in a fast pace work environment
- Highly organized and process-driven with a good eye for details
- Desire to grow both personally and professionally
Simple IRA with 3% match, group health plan, ample vacation, and opportunity
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.